Friday, January 15, 2010

Olympus E-P1 Gets an update: Firmware 1.2

My daily camera reading payed off as I noticed the E-P1 got an update. Hooray! Olympus is still working on improving the E-P1! Please give us manual control for video. I shouldn't say this, but if you don't Olympus, I will have to buy your next m43 model. So there! There has been quite a controversy as to whether Olympus snuck in some improvements in the auto focus performance. Read about some user's impressions here:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1041&thread=34237067

Here are some tests with the Panasonic 20mm f1.7 lens on my boy Fisher. Auto focus was very fast when in magnified view. I highly recommend focusing that way. I also though I would try out 16:9 shooting for a while. It should integrate with HD video nicely.



No comments:

Post a Comment